Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

To my surprise this morning my body was a little sore. I guess that means that varying my workout plan (doing something other than the treadmill) worked different parts. Thanks Kids! See I'm turning lemons into lemonade again. I have to do that a lot or we will go insane because I seem to have a lot of lemons...and they aren't all from my tree in the backyard;)

Nice job this week girls! It is fun to know that I'm not alone drudging through this.--I'm not going to pretend that I'm excited to stick in that DVD and get moving. At this point it is still a chore, something to cross off my list. The fun part is knowing that I'm doing something difficult and you all are doing it with me. Thanks.

As for Judy...I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That is such a bummer. Keep us posted. I will pray for speedy healing and comfort.

As for Julie.... You have two very little ones still. It will be survival mode for you most days. My oldest is 8 and I'm just getting by most of the time. (Read my post on Monday. Truthfully, I could probably write one like that every other day.) My advice is squeeze in your 30 min whenever and wherever you can. Break it up. Do two 15min or three 10min. Turn on music and dance with kids, walk up and down your stairs. Brainstorm things that will work for you. It doesn't have to be a 30 min block of time.

As for Everyone....Remember, It doesn't have to be perfect. The Goal is to get our bodies back in the game. And eventually, I hope moving around (AKA exercise) will be second nature. I think if we just do more physical activity, everything else will more easily fall into place.

And if that doesn't work, I'm just going to...
Fake It 'Til I Make It
. Feel free to do the same.

7 comments:

  1. I got carried away. Forgot to report in for today. Yes, I did it again! Today I met Hot Stuff at the Y. I just got my 30min. done when my pager started buzzing and flashing to go change a diaper. Seriously, I've had four babies. If the poo isn't coming out the side and the baby isn't crying, Don't page me! If you don't like the smell put him on the other side of the room. Let a mom have an hour!

    Thanks for letting me vent.

    Anyhow, I lost my momentum and did not return for more cardio or weights, but I got in my 30min. Counts as success! Sweet victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went at 7 again this morning, treadmill again for 30 minutes. I went up on the speed a little bit more today. It has been a confusing, unscheduled day and I just want to go to bed. Molly was diagnosed with the flu and I'm sure it will spread through the house quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Mamasita is on a roll. She walked home for the third day in a row! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, today started with a child who flipped out. I had to hold a door for 15 min while he screamed, yelled, and continually threw his body against the door. (A day in the life... right?!) I then had to help remove him to a safer enviornment until he could calm down. I TOTALLY think that all of that counts as cardio and resistance training! He was strong!!! :) My day ended with my team going to Happy Hour. That happens a lot on Wednesdays and Friday, (By reading about my morning, you can see why) BUT... I got a water, enjoyed the conversation for an hour then came home. When I got home I grabbed Lexi and did our walk and then my run. I'm really hoping that "soon" (using that term loosly) I'll be able to run the neighborhood twice. But, we're going to take that slowly. I'm cooking my first meal out of the Biggest Looser Book tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner was a success tonight! I made Mandarin Orange Chicken from the Biggest Looser cookbook. My one mistake was not reading the recipe before hand. I was supposed to marinate the chicken in the sauce overnight. Oops! Good thing that Kevin was late so it got to marinate for at least an hour. Kevin just ate the chicken. I chopped mine up and put it on a salad. It is a do again for sure. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 50 min. of Wii fit. I was going to walk, but time got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 days of crutches is all I can take. I'm doing better and walking, just slower. Anyway I guess I will work on my upper body for awhile. Sit and Be Fit is my future for the next week. I find that way too boring so I recorded something from FitTv for the upper body. Does housework count as a cardio workout. Have a great day everyone.

    ReplyDelete