Friday, February 13, 2009

I've Fallen Off The Wagon...

In more ways than one. First off my apologies to Julie for not having your Friday Feature posted. I'm having computer issues, as in, Hot Honey disconnected it before I thought through what I had left to do on it. I'm trying to sneak this in on Hot Honey's laptop before he goes to work. It only took me ten minutes to remember the web address and then I had to type in my passcode multiple times because I couldn't remember it. But finally success. I will hold on to the Friday Feature and post it next Friday. Sorry Julie.

Secondly, I did not get my workout in yesterday :(  We worked late moving all the furniture out of our bedroom and ripping out the carpet. I spent the day trying to put away stuff in our room and make room in the baby's bedroom for our king size bed to squeeze in their--and I do mean squeeze. We can't even shut the door!  It is harder than I thought to hold a baby and crawl across the bed to put him in and out of his crib. Only two nights, right?! I'm hoping.

Hot Honey suggested I count all the work as my workout. I thought about it on and off. I also thought about how I've worked longer than 30 mins several days. I could add all the extra minutes together and I have my time for the week. Although my head can easily justify these options, my heart can not. It knows the truth. 

The work clearing our bedroom was not time set apart for me. Yes, it was hard. I realize that many of the everyday activities--picking up a thousand little things off my floor each day, load after load of laundry, sweeping, mopping, carrying around my 15lb or 35lb weights (also known as child #3 & #4, but not in that order) The list goes on. These things are all important, but not what this club is about.

This club is about setting apart time in the day to put me first. Maybe that is going to far to say first. I will settle for just on the list. I know I'm not alone. It is natural to put everything and everyone, before ourselves. That is why I love this bloggy club! We are helping each other remember that taking care of our health is as important as everything else in life.

If I added together my extra minutes, that would grow into a monster. Pretty soon I'd squeeze in 2 1/2 hours one day, just to have the other days off! (some off you girls would too.)

Looks like I will be walking on Valentines Day! I guess I will look at it as a big present to myself. As time goes by I will appreciate it even more. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I will try to make it back here before Monday. We will see how smoothly putting in new floors goes. Not to mention we will have company. Hot Honey's brother, wife, three kids, and dog are coming for the weekend. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to go and walk one of my dogs this afternoon. That way I can burn some calories before my hubby takes me out for an early Valentine's Day dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the gym this morning, even though I was running a little bit late. I got in 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I'm starting back with weights on Monday. I've learned from previous experience that the only way my body loses weight is to do both cardio and weight training, so here we go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I made it to the Y today and got in 50 min on the eliptical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a little over 1 hour on Wii Fit today and 25 min. yesterday. The treadmill does not look fun now that I have the wii, but I need to do it also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It felt SO good to sleep in today. I was physicaly and painfully tired yesterday. But, I knew that I had to work at 12:00, so I had to get my workout in before that. While Kevin and I were catching up on the Biggest Looser (one of our favorite shows) I used the Wii board as a step and got my weights out. I pretended that I was at step class. It was a great workout and I my arms were really sore while I was working today. Anyway, the old me would have just laid in bed and caught up on shows, but not today. I watched the shows and moved at the same time. And the plus was that Kevin didn't laugh at me at all. He was actually really proud of me. Love you all! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got home from work today (Sunday) and did 30 min of step while I watched Dr. Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today, Monday, I did 30 min of Wii Fit. I mixed it up with Yoga and some aerobics.

    ReplyDelete