Sunday, September 13, 2009

Star System

I've decided to change it up a bit. This was the original Go Girl! plan. I liked it. I did it successfully for 8 weeks, but once I got sick and missed my goal, I had a hard time being as determined. Icky perfection in the way. 

New plan for me. I'm going to rate my weeks with stars. A five star week would mean I exercised 5 days--top notch excellent. One star week would mean I exercised 1 day. Not excellent, but still worthy. 

Why the change? Well, I received a couple comments that 5 days was too hard a goal for some. I myself am continuing to find the balance in my life. If I work out for 80 plus minutes at the Y on Wednesdays and Fridays, maybe I shouldn't beat myself up that I didn't do 30min on Monday. But even if I only do 30 min on three days that is still better than nothing. 
Also with the star system it gives room to make a steady climb. Maybe someone reading this is  doing nothing-no exercise. That person would be doing great to move on 1 or 2 days each week and work their way up to 5. 

My goal is to have a 3-5 star week. As of now I have two days scheduled for the Y. I need to find time for at least one more day for exercise.
What do you think of the Star System? Is it too easy? Would you rather do the old plan
Please share with us which plan you choose. It is more fun, and successful, when we hold each other accountable. 

2 comments:

  1. BTW-I still can't figure out how to change the color of the text to the links. It is driving me crazy too. I'm not just trying to kill your eyes by having blue on green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would watches replica like to leave replica IWC any comments for anyones
    blog for replica IWC example IWC of me. If you can would like replica IWC someone to leave any comments,you IWC should select your search based on sense watches replica and keep it.

    ReplyDelete