Saturday, January 31, 2009

More Balls Need A Better Plan

Now that I've announced my plan to work out 5 days a week for the next 4 weeks I have two more balls to juggle in the air. As if I really needed to juggle more balls! 4 kids should be enough? Wait...This is about fitting me in this time :) Stay focused.

So yesterday I sat down and came up with a menu plan for the whole month. Yep! It took me a little while, but I think it will be so worth it. Not only did I plan the month, but I made the grocery list to get everything I could today. I will go back for milk, fruit, bread and any great buys I see each week. Those things are easy and don't require much brain power. My kids actually love a seeing the menu on the fridge. The last two weeks I've neglected this area of our home and the meals have been a bit crazy and hodge podge. Which makes for whiny kids and a hungry husband. (I personally could eat cereal, PB and salad for a long time and be fine.)

FYI--I usually just plan one week, sometimes two. For those just starting out a menu plan I would first sit down and think of all the ground beef recipes you make and put it in a list. Then do it with chicken, Soup, whatever you eat. Don't start with a bunch of new recipes. Then just start picking from the lists. Try it for a week. When I make Taco Soup tomorrow I will triple the meet and freeze the prepared taco meat for taco pasta and taco salad later in the month. Having a written plan on the fridge door also helps you to remember to take out things from the freezer the day before.

With my plan in place I have less excuses to not exercise?

What's your plan to make exercise easier this month or even this week? Leave a comment. It might help me and the other Girls.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to work out in the morning before hubby goes to work. As much as I don't want to, it is the only way to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to work out right when I get home from work! I am going to try and vary the things I do to keep it exciting. I just got Dance Dance Revolution, for the Wii. I know, I'm a total dork, but it's fun. I love all that corny type of stuff. I was doing it last night and it's tough, really got my heart rate up. What's cool is that it has a work out section of the game. As far as meals go, we are really trying to be healthier with our choices.

    ReplyDelete